23,678 SF lot (one acre is 43,560sf)
Setbacks: Front: 30′ / Side: 12’min – 40′ total / Rear: 25′
The grading of the site will work out to have a 2 story house with a walk-out basement.
The pink is approximately our site. I think our new neighbor was a little surprised when the surveyor came out and put tape across the yard PRETTY close to his house! haha. But, it’s a big lot – and we’re building further down the hill.
And a street level panorama:
Action shot of the surveyors at work:
- Quiet BIG Cul-de-Sac
- Backs up to Parkland
- Large 1/2 acre lot
- In between our lot and the Park land is a field that is taken care of by the HOA (Free private baseball field!)
- Already has a basketball hoop on the street!
- Creek in the back with marked trails through the woods
- Able to angle the house to have a mostly South facing entrance
- Fairly close to anything (but we are going to REALLY miss our College Park House – across the street from Home Depot, Grocery Store, Best Buy, Ikea, etc…)
- Required to put in a Septic system…and not just ANY septic system…VERY PRICEY! Almost a deal breaker. Ended up getting approval for a 3 bedroom house on the lot.
- No gas line – have researched and will be putting in Propane
- Really horrible cell phone coverage! (luckily Robyn uses Republic wireless – phone calls are made via wifi!)
- A little longer of a commute – but between telework and feeling like we live in the woods – I think it’s worth it!